It’s a fact that you went into business to serve your ideal clients – to help them transform their lives using your knowledge and expertise. It’s also a fact that without clients (ideal or otherwise) you won’t in business for very long. Those two facts seem obvious enough. Now let me hit you with another, slightly more chilling fact: Approximately 60% of entrepreneurs fail to get enough clients because they fall prey to fear. Fear of what you ask? Well, there are three prime candidates:
Fear of sales.
Actually having to “sell” something. It feel awkward, pushy even. Many business owners worry that they will come across as aggressive and they’ll be rejected.
Fear that clients won’t see the value.
This fear often leads to entrepreneurs lowering their prices in the hopes that it will compensate for their client’s (often fictitious) concerns.
Fear of starting the conversation about working together.
Just the conversation itself can generate anxiety and discomfort – something clients can and do pick up on, often leading to a “no.” Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let me share with you the “secret truth” to hearing “Yes” from your ideal clients. Once you realize that you’re not getting the clients you need or want, you’re left with two options:
- Learn how to “hard-sell,” using all the aggressive tactics and strategies sales people use, or;
- Become super-easy to say “Yes” to, and remove the need to “sell” entirely.
I think you can guess which option would appeal to most entrepreneurs, especially coaches. Consider this: I don’t actually teach anyone how to sell. I teach them how to be easy to say “Yes” to. When you’re easy to say “Yes” to, you end up with a constant flow of happy clients – clients who will actually seek you out, wanting to work with you. No “selling” needed! That sounds fantastic, but how do you do it? Here are three ways to becoming easy to say “Yes” to:
- Be the leader in the conversation. This is your call, and you should always speak with confidence and assuredness. Also, make sure it IS a conversation. Take the formality out of it. Speak as if you’re chatting with a good friend (because you are) and helping them with a problem they have.
- Ask a lot of questions. As a coach, you already know how to ask powerful questions that drill down to the issues your client is dealing with. Simply use that same logic here, helping them to understand where they are and where they want to be.
Self determination is a powerful tool, and quite often, the client ends up selling themselves on your solution.
- Give them choices. You’ve heard me talk before about the Power of Three – three different offers at different price points so that can choose the option best for them. You also should know that when you offer only one solution, the odds of them saying “No” is about 70%.
Sales doesn’t have to be hard, and you don’t have to be pushy or aggressive in order to work with your ideal clients. If you follow the tips I’ve provided, you’ll begin to see how easy (and fun!) it can be, and how amazing it feels to have people chasing YOU for a change. Want to learn more about becoming easy to say YES to? Here are 4 different ways I can help:
1. Grab a free copy of my ebook, “Set Your Sales on Fire: Seven Steps to Yes!” Discover the roadmap that’s generated millions in sales over the last seven years, used by both myself and my clients to create powerful, highly converting sales calls!
2. Join the Sales On Fire Community and connect with coaches who are scaling too. Be a part of my Facebook community, where smart coaches learn to attract more clients and increase their impact and profits!
3. Apply for a free 30 minute “Clients and Cash Strategy Session.” Join me as we map out a quick three-step action plan to get your business moving in the right direction. You’ll leave the call with clarity, confidence and the tools you need to take your business to the next level. Reach out to me here email@example.com with “Strategy” in the subject line and I’ll send you details.
4. Work with me directly. If you’d like to work with me to help you get from “Where is my next client coming from?” to predictable high paying clients, simply reach out firstname.lastname@example.org with “Private” in the subject line. Tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!