If there’s one thing that’s true of all coaches and service providers, it’s that in order to be successful, you need to be making sales calls that convert leads into customers. It isn’t a case of simply making a product and saying, “here it is!” These are not impulse purchases for your clients, these are investments, particularly in the case of high-end ($1500+) services.
It doesn’t matter how good your coaching is, or how powerful your program is, if you’re failing on the sales call, you won’t have clients.
When my clients first begin working with me, one of my first questions is, “What are you doin in your business right now?” The answers I get most often are quite telling:
Offering free coaching through market research calls and the like, in the hopes that doing so will eventually lead to conversions for their ideal clients. This never happens of course. Firstly, they are likely not ideal clients to begin with, and once they’ve gotten their free advice, they have no reason to spend money to work with you.
Not offering sales conversations in the first place. It sounds obvious, but you can be guaranteed to have a 0% conversion rate on every sales call you don’t schedule. An empty diary will not fill itself, so you need to be proactive in reaching out to prospective clients.
When you get the sales conversation right, the prospective client fully understands the benefits of working with you and it often ends in their desire to work with you – in fact, they’re EAGER to pay you and work with you. They’re excited about the transformation you can help them achieve.
Having a full diary of prospective sales conversations means you have plenty of opportunities to determine if your prospect is a good fit or not – and whether they are ready to commit to the process.
Ultimately, getting the sales conversation right leads to an endless stream of prospective clients as well as a successful and lucrative business.
Before we get to some tips for creating and mastering the sales conversation, memorize this truth:
Only have sales conversations with those who are ready to buy.
The prospect you’re talking to needs to be actively looking for a solution to the problem you can help them solve. If it’s not a priority in their life right now, they’re not going to invest in the first place, and even if they do, they won’t be committed to the outcome.
What follows are three tips for creating successful sales calls:
- Get the “7 Steps to Yes.” This is a guide I created specifically for coaches who want to make more sales, but hate the idea of selling. It guides you step by step through the process of having a highly converting sales conversation. The results people have gotten from this guide are phenomenal, and I’m giving it to you for FREE. You can get your copy here.
- Be transparent. Stop giving away your services! Free coaching doesn’t lead to high-paying clients. It’s literally eating away at your business and has zero benefit. Instead, be transparent at the beginning of your call to determine if the prospect is a good fit or not. Once you’ve determined that this person is a great fit and is 100% committed to finding a solution to their problem, THEN you can transition into a sales call without being salesy.
- Get a system. If you don’t have a system for generating leads in your business every month – prospective clients that you can qualify through a call – then you’re set up for failure. In order to have those highly converting sales conversations, you need to have leads with which to connect with in the first place. No system in place? Then there’s your first priority!
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but these tips will get you started on the path to creating high converting sales calls that will let you not only make money, but also allow you to make the real impact you want to make in the world – the reason you became a coach, remember?
Want to learn more? Here are 4 different ways I can help:
1. Grab a free copy of my ebook, “Set Your Sales on Fire: Seven Steps to Yes!” Discover the roadmap that’s generated millions in sales over the last seven years, used by both myself and my clients to create powerful, highly converting sales calls!
2. Join the NeverEnding Clients Community and connect with coaches who are scaling too. Be a part of my Facebook community, where smart coaches learn to attract more clients and increase their impact and profits!
3. Join our Implementation Program and be a Case Study
I’m putting together a new coaching case study group at Profitable Coaching this month… stay tuned for details. If you’d like to work with me on your client-getting and scale plans… just send me a message with the words “Case Study”.
4. Work with me directly. If you’d like to work with me to help you get from “Where is my next client coming from?” to predictable high paying clients, simply reach out email@example.com with “Private” in the subject line. Tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!